Whether we feel the warmth yet or not, it's Spring. And with Spring in mind, it's time to pull out our SAS sandals and get them ready to wear for another season.
In every box of SAS's casual sandal line they include cleaning instructionsfor the insoles. If you are like me, those instructions seem to disappear. So, here they are with a few of my extras thrown in.
These instructions are for the casual smooth leather styles Comfy, Cozy, Duo, Huarache, Huggy, Relaxed, Trio, and any older styles that have the SAS Tripad Comfort Insoles and their Mens style Bravo:
1. Undo all buckles and straps. Use a toothbrush to remove any debris including where the upper meets the insole.
2. Use SAS Leather Cream to clean the leather uppers. This will remove dirt and stains and also help replenish the moisture to the leather. Buff dry.
3. Use SAS Sole Cleaner to clean the soles. The sole cleaner is good to remove stubborn stains including grass stains.
4. Stir one tablespoon of any mild, liquid laundry detergent into one cup (8 ounces) of cool water until sudsy. (This mixture is enough to clean up to three pairs of sandals).
5. Scrub the insoles clean with a toothbrush.
6. Blot dry with a clean, soft cloth.
7. Let dry naturally, away from any artificial heat. Drying time will vary depending on the amount of liquid used. Allow up to 24 hours.
8. After you are sure they are dry, brush with a dry toothbrush to refurbish the nap.
9. Fasten all buckles, and you're ready to go.
These instructions are for the dress smooth leather styles Caress, Strippy, and Suntimer or any older styles with the smooth insoles:
1. Undo all buckles and straps. Use a toothbrush to remove any debris, including where the upper meets the insole.
2. Use SAS Leather Cream as in Number 2 above.
3. Use SAS Sole Cleaner as in Number 3 above.
4. SAS does not have a recommendation for cleaning the insoles of their dress shoes, so I offer this information. DO NOT use the Leather Cream. I suggest using a clean dry cloth with ONLY one drop of the sole cleaner. Use this on any trouble spots and use sparingly. The use of too much of any product will make the insoles slick.
Following these instructions should make your sandals ready for another season. BUT don't forget to go look at SAS's new styles including their new dressy sandal Strippy available in Black, Wine and Bone.
SAS will not allow their shoes to be sold over the internet, and we agree with their policy. The size and shape of your feet do change from year to year. It's important to be fitted by an expert. If you're in or near the Nashville, TN area please come by and visit us.